Dear lovely people,
Today’s video taught me a few things.
1. Homemade almond butter tastes infinitely better than the stuff in the jar. It’s cheaper, too. And, it’s fast. Once you make it, I can imagine that you’ll be making it again and again.
2. Plus, there is cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, pecan butter, and hazelnut butter. (That one might be my favorite.) It’s the same process every time.
3. Now I know that if I film these videos on the iPhone, I shouldn’t shoot it in vertical mode.
4. Because, when I do, and I transfer the little movies to iMovie, they will be sideways.
5. Seriously? Why is that?
6. I can rotate them in iMovie I found out after frantic searching because I’m pretty clumsy at this still but when I do, I have to crop them. Why? I don’t know.
7. Therefore, much of this movie is a big shot of Danny’s head. It’s a lovely head. But I would also like you to see what his hands are doing. I don’t know how.
8. Somehow, and I don’t know how, the iPhone ate the last two little movies we made, where you see the final almond butter and Danny wishes you a fond farewell. Why? I don’t know.
9. So this movie is imperfect. As Danny and I like to say, quoting Mary Oliver, “What in this world is perfect?” I thought about scrapping it and re-doing it. But Danny and I both have many other things to do.
10. Besides, you can still get the gist. And you’ll hear us both being goofy and laughing. This might annoy the heck out of some people. Some of you seem to like it.
So, I give you the imperfect “The Chef Shows You How to Make Almond Butter.”
p.s. It would be nice if there were a professional film crew in our kitchen. But it might also be a little crowded.